OBJECTIVE OF CSR POLICY:
CSR Policy of the company intends to:
- Strive for economic development that positively imports the society at large with a minimal resource footprint.
- Embrace responsibility for the Company’s actions and encourage a positive impact through its activities on hunger, poverty, malnutrition, environment, communities, stakeholders and the society.
FOCUS AREAS FOR CSR:
Company focuses on:
- Eradicating extreme hunger, poverty and malnutrition, promoting preventing, healthcare and sanitation and making available safe drinking water.
- Promoting education including special education and employment.
- Strengthening rural areas by improving accessibility housing, drinking waters, sanitation, power and livelihoods, thereby creating sustainable villages.
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women; setting up homes, hostels and day care centers for women and orphans: setting up old age homes and such other facilities for senior citizens and adopting measures for reducing inequalities faced by socially and economically backward groups.
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agro-forestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining the quality of soil, air and water.
- Protecting national heritage, art and culture including restoration of building and sites of historical importance and works of art; setting up public libraries, promoting and developing traditional art and handicrafts.
The company undertakes CSR activities approved by the CSR Committee.